Back in April of 2017, I asked around 173,000 people on Instagram (see the original post) what was the best music to explore Ireland to.
Around 750 people commented, DM’d, email and even sent text messages… thanks, Mam.
My phone was hopping with notifications for about 3 days, but the result was a delightfully mixed bag of road trip bangers.
This cocktail of both Irish and non-Irish tunage became one of the most popular articles on our website but, as it’s been a year or so since it was originally published, it was in need on an influx of new music.
The Irish Road Trip Playlist 2018/2019 Update
So, we’ve given it a grand aul update, with a very varied mix of new-school and old-school songs.
If you can’t click through to the playlist above, here’s the direct link.
It’s packed with a mix of tunes, many of which you can cruise along Ireland’s never-ending dual carriageways to, but just as many that you can chill to, as you meander along those narrow country lanes and gorgeous coastal roads.
So, now you’ve got the music, but what about the road trip?
Here’s our most popular Irish road trip guides from the past 3 weeks
- 21+ Mighty Things To Do In Waterford This Weekend On A Looooovely 2-Day Road Trip (here she is)
- 30+ Things To Do In West Cork Over A Mouth-Watering 4-Day Road Trip (see it here)
- Our 2-Day Road Trip Along The Causeway Coastal Route For You To Steal (Cliffs, Whiskey, Caves + Loads More here)
- An Unforgettable 18-Day Road Trip That’s Packed With The Best Places to Visit in Ireland
- The Dublin to Wicklow 1-Day Road Trip Guide (Mountains, Prisons & Breweries – explore more here)
- 22 of the Best Things to do in Donegal on an Adventure-Packed 3-Day Road Trip (Full Itinerary)