The best things to do in Ireland… on an interactive driving map of Ireland… with f**k loads of attractions slapped onto it that people can use to plan an adventure.
The above two sentences were what I jotted down while I was planning out the list of resources that I wanted to have on this website.
It was a double edged sword – the map has proven to be one of the most popular features on the site, but it tooK about two inches off my fingers while I spent days bashing away on the keyboard, researching and plotting out attractions.
I’m possibly being a little over dramatic…
Created to battle FOMO (the fear of missing out)
Ever find yourself in a place that you’ve never been and thinking, “I wonder what there is to see around here?!”
There’s nothing more frustrating than arriving in a place with a limited amount of time to explore it and being unsure of what there is around you to see and do.
It happened me recently after I visited West Cork and realised about a week later that I was in a town that offered a shark watching tour ??? (see below…)
What you’ll get from this map
If you’re one of those hyper-organised people who plan out a trip in minute detail, then fair play to you – we’ve a tonne of hour-by-hour road trip guides that you’ll love here.
But if you’re like me and you tend to drift off the main roads whenever something catches your eye, then the map below, packed with the best things to do in Ireland, is for you.
- The best places to visit in Ireland across every single county
- Unique off-the-beaten-track sights that you won’t find in a lot of guidebooks
- Places that myself, family and/or friends have been to and loved – a lot of these are random places that you’ll only hear about when chatting to a local.
- Large tourist attractions that you’ll have heard of, but sure we’ve popped them on just in case
The Best Things to do in Ireland Nestled in your Pocket
Below, you’ll find an interactive Google map of Ireland packed with 600+ of the top things to do around our little island.
The best way to use it:
- While you’re planning your trip: bookmark this page and when you’re planning your Irish adventure, zoom in on where you’re heading to and hey presto, loads of deadly things to do all around you
- When you’re off exploring: bookmark this page and when you’re in a place and looking for stuff to do, whip our your phone and zoom in. You’ll quickly be surrounded by places to check out and things to do
How the map was created
Ahead of a recent Irish road trip, I asked the 220,000+ strong #IrishRoadTrip community for their recommendations of the best things to do in Ireland – thousands of people commented, emailed and DM’d.
I took these recommendations and combined them with personal experiences from my own travels along with recommendations from family and friends.
Yes, this detailed tourist map of Ireland has the main tourist attractions that you’ve heard of and plan on checking out, but its secret sauce is a tonne of off-the-beaten-track stop-off points that are less known, and harder to stumble across.
Looking for full road trip itineraries that save you having to research and plan?
Here’s some of our most popular road trip guides:
- An Unforgettable 18-Day Road Trip That’s Packed With The Best Places to Visit in Ireland (our most popular guide)
- 21+ Adventurous And Fun Things To Do In Waterford This Weekend On A Looooovely 2-Day Road Trip (see it here)
- 30+ Things To Do In West Cork Over A Mouth-Watering 4-Day Road Trip (Full Itinerary – check it out here)
- 3 Adventure, Food + Craic Packed Days in Galway (get it here)
- 22 of the Best Things to do in Donegal on an Adventure-Packed 3-Day Road Trip (grab it here)
- Our 2-Day Road Trip Along The Causeway Coastal Route For You To Steal (Cliffs, Whiskey, Caves + Loads More)
Planning a trip to Ireland?
We’ve more handy interactive guides on the best places to stay, eat and drink (traditional pubs only) in every single county in Ireland.
Check them out below.
Is there somewhere that we missed? Let me know in the comments section below!
Saturday 30th of March 2019
Also silent valley reservoir in the mournes